Side effects may be more severe if you also receive chemotherapy before, during, or after your radiation therapy.
1) Skin changes may include severe dryness, itching, peeling, blistering, skin burning, skin color change and sensitivity to sunlight.
2) Extreme fatigue.
3) Decrease in white blood cell count, which means a higher risk for infection.
4) Possibilities: Anemia, diarrhea, hair loss in the treatment area, mouth problems, nausea and vomiting, sexuality changes, lymphedema, restriction of movement, trouble swallowing, loss of appetite, urinary and bladder changes. Persistent cough, shortness of breath, dizziness, chest pains.
5) Side effects after 6 months may include infertility, joint problems and secondary cancer.
6) Lung or heart problems may develop during following years, and are permanent.
7) Radiation’s effects on the tissues continue to worsen for years after the initial treatment.
The REAL conflict is that conventional medicine only addresses and treats the manifesting symptoms of any disease, a mindset that is not trained, or cares to address, THE SOURCE, and thereby prevent it from occurring or flaring up again!
Guliana Rancic, TV host and Wanda Sykes, Comedian: Guliana had early stage breast cancer and Wanda had Stage 0. Both opted for double mastectomy, no radiation, No chemo. Actress Christina Applegate chose the same path, no chemo or radiation.
TIP: If you receive radiation for cancer, rub aloe vera juice (taken from a fresh cut leaf of the plant), on the area receiving radiation. This will aid in prevention of skin burns and tissue damage.