HOW TO MAKE A LARGE AMOUNT OF THE MEDICAL CANNABIS OIL
PRODUCING THE OIL PER RICK SIMPSON’S INSTRUCTIONS
It is suggested that you watch the video in its entirety to see how to make the cannabis oil. The written instructions may seem complicated, but its exactly as in the video. You may have already been making cannabis oil for years...good for you. Again, please watch the videos to see if there are any subtle differences in the method for hash oil and medical cannabis oil. Always practice safety!
1. Place the starting material in a bucket of good depth to prevent the oil solvent mix from splashing out during the washing process. Then, dampen the bud with the solvent being used. Many solvents can be used [solvent-free option]. You can use 99% isopropyl alcohol, vodka or even water, although water gives a less potent medicine. Two gallons of solvent is required to extract the THC from one pound of cannabis, and 500 ml is enough for an ounce. (Or use the highest proof clear drinking alcohol you can find, like EverClear grain alcohol…)
2. Crush the bud material using a length of wood such as a piece of 2×2. After the bud has been crushed, add more solvent until the bud material is completely immersed in the solvent. Work the bud material for three to four minutes with the length of wood you used to crush it.
4. Then, pour the solvent oil mix from the second wash, into the same container that is holding the solvent oil mix from the first wash you did. Trying to perform a third wash on the remaining plant material, produces very little oil and it would be of much less medicinal value as a medicine. But if you chose to do so the resulting oil from the third wash, could be used to help treat minor problems such as skin conditions.
5. The first wash dissolves 75 to 80% of the available medicinal resins off the starting material; the second wash then removes most of whatever resin that is of benefit, which remains. Oils produced from the first wash are the most potent medicinally but if high-grade starting material is used, oil from the second wash also has strong medical benefits as well.
6. If, for some reason, you have to work with material that is not as medicinally active as it should be, it is best to use the oil from the first wash only for internal use and then start to grow, or look for starting material that is of better quality. Remember, quality is more important than quantity and the more medical values the finished oil contains, the better it will work as a medicine.
7. Use something such as clean water containers, with a small opening at the top and insert funnels into the openings, then put large coffee filters in the funnels. Pour the solvent oil mix from the first and second washes, into the coffee filters and allow the solvent oil mix to drain into the containers, which are holding the funnels and filters to remove any unwanted plant material etc.
8. The more funnels and containers you use, the faster the oil solvent mix will be filtered. Once the oil solvent mix has been filtered, it is now ready to have the solvent boiled off. I should also mention that if you are using high quality bud, after the oil solvent mix has been filtered it often looks about the same as gasoline or at times it can be somewhat darker.
9. Remember that the solvent you are using was clear, so the yellow or darker color the solvent has taken on, is actually due to the healing resins which are now dissolved within it. If you do not already own one, you can purchase an inexpensive large rice cooker with an open top that has both high and low heat settings, to boil the solvent off the oil effectively. But make sure that the rice cooker is set up in a well-ventilated area and then place a fan nearby, to blow away the fumes as the solvent boils off.
10. This will prevent the fumes from condensing and posing a danger. Rice cookers are designed not to burn the rice as it cooks. So the temperature sensors which are built into these devices, will automatically switch the cooker back on the low heat setting, if the temperature within the cooker begins to get too high.
11. When producing oil, if the temperature gets a little over 300°F (148°C), it will begin to vaporize the cannabinoids off the oil and, of course, you do not want this to occur. If a rice cooker is working properly, it will automatically come off the high heat setting at roughly 210 to 230°F or (100 to110°C), which is above the temperature where most people say decarboxylation is said to occur,
12. This temperature is still well below the point that THC and other cannabinoids will vaporize off the oil, which remains in the rice cooker. This is why I strongly recommend the use of a rice cooker, to those who have never produced oil before, since it eliminates any danger of harming the oil in question. Plus the resulting oil is decarboxylated, which is also important, so the oil can achieve its full medicinal benefits.
13. I suggest that people should not try to use crock-pots and similar appliances to produce oil. When I first tried to produce the oil, I used a crock-pot and since I did not know how much heat these devices can generate, the oil overheated and was ruined.
14. So I think it’s only sensible that a beginner should start out by using a rice cooker and follow my instructions carefully. For by simply doing so, it can save someone new to producing this oil a lot of grief. A distilling device can also be used to produce this medication and reclaim the solvent that is being used. This method really does make more sense than using a rice cooker.
15. But stills which are designed to boil off solvents safely are expensive and most people, do not know how to operate one of these devices properly. If one is available, I prefer to use a still myself, but, in some countries, owning a still is against the law. If one is serious and wants to produce large amounts of oil, look into distilling and educate yourself in the proper use of this equipment.
16. Always make sure there are no sparks, open flames, or red-hot elements in the area while you are filling the rice cooker or boiling the solvent off, because the fumes produced from solvents are very flammable and quite toxic. I have used this same process hundreds of times and have never had a mishap, but for your own safety, please follow the instructions and make sure the area is well ventilated. I also caution you to avoid breathing in the fumes that solvents produce, since they can have unpleasant effects on anyone nearby.
17. It is also important to note that some of the airflow from the fan, should be directed towards the bottom of the rice cooker, since fumes from the solvent can often accumulate there. If you look at the bottom of a rice cooker you will find one or two small vents and if the fumes from the solvent enters these vents it could cause a fire.
18. So I have found that by aiming the airflow from the fan at approximately the center of the rice cooker, the airflow will still carry the fumes from the top of the rice cooker away and will also prevent these fumes from accumulating under the rice cooker at the same time. Make sure that the fan is running and produces enough airflow to blow away the fumes and if you are using a multi speed fan you will probably find that the lower speed settings will accomplish this task.
19. Then fill the rice cooker until it is about three quarters full of oil solvent mix, this allows room for the oil solvent mix to boil off without splashing over. Place the rice cooker on its high heat setting and then begin boiling the solvent off. Never attempt to do this without the use of a fan, since the solvent fumes could accumulate and if they come into contact with the heating element within the rice cooker, it could cause these fumes to ignite.
20. As the level in the rice cooker drops, continue to carefully add the solvent oil mix you have remaining, until you have nothing left. When the level in the rice cooker comes down for the last time and has been reduced to about two inches of solvent oil mix remaining. Add about 10 to 12 drops of water to the solvent oil mix, which remains in the rice cooker. This small amount of water allows the remaining solvent, to boil off the oil which remains in the rice cooker more readily and it also helps to cleanse the oil of solvent residue, as the last of the solvent is being boiled off.
21. When there is very little remaining in the cooker, I usually put on a pair of gloves and then pick up the cooker and begin swirling its contents. This is done with the airflow from the fan still taking the fumes away and it can speed up the finishing process slightly. As the heat within the rice cooker increases, the cooker will automatically switch from the high heat setting and then go to its low heat setting, which prevents the oil within the cooker from overheating.
22. As the last of the solvent is being boiled off, you will hear a crackling sound from the oil that is left in the cooker and you will see quite a bit of bubbling taking place in the oil that remains. Also, you will notice what looks like a small amount of smoke coming off the oil in the rice cooker, but don’t be concerned, since this is mostly just steam produced from the few drops of water that you added.
23. After the rice cooker has automatically switched to its low heat setting, I usually let it cool until it can be switched to the high heat setting again. After the cooker has automatically switched itself to the low heat setting for the second time, I then take the inner pot out of the cooker and pour its contents into a stainless steel measuring cup.
24. I have found that some strains of cannabis can produce an oil, which is actually finished and ready to use after the rice cooker has switched itself to the low heat setting for the second time, but in most cases it is still best the finish the oil properly. There will be a small amount of oil remaining in the pot that you will find almost impossible to get out, unless you use something like dry bread to absorb the oil, while it is still warm. Then, small amounts of this bread can be eaten as a medicine, but remember it can sometimes take an hour or more before you feel its effects.
25. So be careful about how much bread like this you consume, because even a very small amount may put you to sleep for quite a few hours, just the same as the raw oil will do itself. Another good way to clean up whatever oil remains in the pot, is to wash the pot out with a small amount of alcohol that will absorb the oil, leaving you with a hemp oil tincture, which will vary in medical value depending on how much oil the alcohol now contains.
26. A tincture such as this can be very effective in the treatment of skin conditions and just a little can go a long way, which can save you money. Since I often liked to mix oil from several strains anyway, I usually leave the remaining oil in the pot until the next time I need to produce the oil. In addition, for those who smoke tobacco and would like to see that much of its harmful effects are removed, then producing what I call happy tobacco should satisfy your needs. All you have to do is heat a small amount of tobacco up in the rice cooker and it will absorb whatever oil is present and then, you should have a substance that will be much less harmful and put you in a better mood when smoked.
27. By mixing oils from different strains, you receive the medicinal benefits from all these different types of oil and I have found such oils to be effective, in the treatment of just about everything. If you have many different varieties of good cannabis bud at your disposal, I think mixing the oils from different strains of Indica is a good idea, but if you do not, often the oil from just one strain will probably satisfy your needs.
28. Take the oil that you poured into the stainless steel measuring cup and put it on a gentle heating device such as a coffee warmer to evaporate off whatever water remains in the oil. Quite often, it only takes a short time to evaporate the remaining water off, but also some strains produce more natural terpenes and flavonoids than others. These terpenes and flavonoids can cause the oil you now have on the coffee warmer to bubble for quite some time and it may take a while for such oils to cease this activity.
29. When the oil on the coffee warmer has little or no bubbling activity visible, take the oil off the coffee warmer and allow it to cool a bit, after which it can be drawn up into the plastic syringes for use. Another way to finish the oil without the use of a coffee warmer, is to put the oil in an oven set at 120°C or about(250°F) for about thirty minutes to an hour. Both of these methods work very well to bring the oil to a finished state.
30. Then, using plastic applicators or syringes with no needles that should be available from your local drug store, use the plunger of the syringe, to slowly draw the warm oil up into the syringes and then allow it to cool. As the oil comes down to room temperature, the resin or oil which contain the healing cannabinoids, will become a thick grease-like substance and it is then ready to use as a medicine.
Sometimes the resin is so thick that it can be hard to force it out of the syringes when cooled. If such a thing happens, simply put the syringe in a cup of hot water, then in a short time you should be able to squeeze your dosage out more easily.
There are times when a patient could force too much oil from the syringe, but if this happens, just pull back on the plunger of the syringe and the excess oil can usually be drawn back into the syringe, without too much difficulty. On average, a dry pound of material will require about 2 gallons (8-9 liters) of solvent to do the two washes which are required. If you plan to produce the oil from more or less starting material, simply do the math to determine roughly how much solvent will be needed.
From start to finish, it usually takes three to four hours to accomplish the whole process, and then the medicine is sitting there ready to be used.
It should also be mentioned that this oil has an extremely long shelf life. But for long-term storage, I would put it in a dark bottle with a tight lid or a stainless steel container. If kept in a cool dark place when stored, it can maintain its medicinal potency for a great number of years. At first, it may seem daunting for some to try to produce their own medicine but in reality, this process is extremely simple.
All you have to do is carefully follow these instructions and after you produce this medication a couple of times, you will find that it is not much harder to make than a cup of coffee.
What is Decarnoxylation?
Decarboxylation is very important. Decarboxylation does occur at lower temps but much more slowly. Decarboxylation is an important factor in maximizing THC potency of oil, and should be better explained in cannabis oil videos, including Rick Simpson’s. THCA will not get you high, unless heated, so if the oil does not get you feeling a little less normal when you eat it then it is likely still raw THCA, Even if it does it might be only partially cooked so make sure you check the temps and cook it properly.
Decarboxylation occurs, when you add enough heat to the oil to rotate the molecules within the oil to the delta 9 position, which brings the finished oil to its highest medicinal potency. There are many who have different opinions about the temperature required to decarboxylate the oil properly. But Dr. Paul Hornby a man who is regarded to be an expert in this field, produced the oil following these instructions and he said that this simple process, achieved perfect decarboxylation.
If you have any concerns that the oil you have produced has not been decarboxylated properly, you can simply place the oil in an oven at 120 degrees C for thirty to sixty minutes, to insure that it is now decarboxylated. One could even set the oven at 130 degrees C and still not harm the medicinal value of the oil, but I think that 120 degrees C is more than enough heat to perform the task properly.
It is during the process that the THCA (raw cannabis) convert into active THC. From heat or time, or both. It is important for people to know that the Rice Cooker only partially cooks the oil, and the coffee warmers cook it further. Basically the minimum temp should be 90 (Celsius) and the maximum should be 140, so try to keep temp with in that range, 106 is considered optimal temp for rapid decarboxylation.
This extremely potent decarboxylated extracts produced from strong sedative Indica or Sativa strains, which have THC levels in the 90% range are harmless. This harmless non addictive natural medication can be used with great success, to cure or control cancer, MS, pain, diabetes, arthritis, asthma, infections, inflammations, blood pressure, depression, sleeping problems and just about any other medical issues that one can imagine. Always discuss doing this with your doctor even though your doctor may not approve.
NOTE: This Medical Marijuana Oil will have a high enough THC content that will probably show up during any drug screening. You may want to discuss this with your doctor and have your doctor write you a note saying you are using Medical Marijuana Oil for your cancer treatment. You should send your doctor to this site to review the information in the Research Section.
For even further information, check out the US National Cancer Institute’s research findings on the Medical Use of Marijuana/ Cannabis, Hemp or any other name use to define this Natural Herbal remedy. HERE.
For dosage information, please click here. But remember, consult a physician and do your research before you do anything to make sure you understand how everything functions.
VIEW TESTIMONIALS FROM RICK SIMPSON’S SITE: Rick took the heat for us and publicized his version of marijuana oil. He has been persecuted excessively for providing the information to heal so many, of various ailments and diseases.
Rick Simpson Talks About Super Oils
SEE RICK SIMPSON’S STORY
MAKE A SMALL BATCH OF THE MEDICAL CANNABIS OIL
IMPORTANT SAFETY NOTE:
While the method described in this video is very safe, it's important to note that the safety stems from following the instructions to a tee. ALL solvents are highly flammable and MUST BE treated with extreme caution and care.
1) Preparation is key! Make sure you have proper supplies and have all of your needed supplies handy BEFORE YOU START!!
2) Now that you have your supplies gathered, make sure you choose a large open area, with excellent ventilation, to make your oil in. If the area is closed in, you will need to take steps to improve ventilation before starting; such as open windows, use portable fans, etc. Even with a large area, I ALWAYS make sure that I have at least one fan on that's moving the air around.
3) Be sure to have the proper setup equipment. You MUST use a double-boiler type pot and pan setup, where the solvent pan sits on top of a water pot - NEVER PLACE THE SOLVENT PAN DIRECTLY ON THE STOVE'S HEATING ELEMENT!!! This applies to both electric and gas stoves.
4) Your water pot needs to sit AT LEAST four to five inches (4" to 5") above your heating element! This serves two purposes. It keeps the solvent a good distance from the heating element and it lets you bring enough water to a boil that it will stay hot long enough to work to evaporate the solvent.
5) Because you will need to reheat the water in your water pot several times, and you need to remove the solvent BEFORE you heat the water, you will need to have a space to set your solvent pan that is WELL AWAY from the stove's heating element.
DO NOT simply take the solvent pan off of the water pot and set it on the counter by the stove. While it won't explode, any strong heat can catch the solvent on fire! You can set up a TV tray to hold the solvent pan while you bring the water in your pot to a full, rolling boil ... or use another counter space that's at least three feet away from the water pot.
6) "Plan for the worst, work for the best" - while the risk is very low using the method in this video, the fact remains that solvents are flammable and can catch fire, so BE PREPARED! One simple safety item to have is a lid that fits tightly onto your solvent pan. If a fire were to start in the pan, simply put the lid snuggly on the pan and the flame will quickly expire. You should always have a fire extinguisher handy (not just for safety with this project, but for safety in your kitchen/home in general!)
7) The most danger in this method comes from using a gas stove - this is simply because there is an active, open flame. For this reason, USE EXTRA CAUTION WHEN MAKING YOUR OIL ON A GAS STOVE! NEVER, NEVER, NEVER have your solvent pan anywhere near the gas stove while the flame is on!!! I can't stress this enough - your solvent pan will catch the open flame very easily ... even when at a foot or more away from the flame!! Have a fan in the room to move the air around, so that the evaporating solvent doesn't pool around the stove ... where a single spark can ignite the fumes.
Double check to be sure the flame is off before bringing your solvent pan back to the stove! Another thing you can do to assure safety is to purchase a portable electric heating element - you can get one at Target, Walmart or the like for under $100 and Amazon also sells them. What you want to look for is a portable electric burner with a high wattage, so that it will have enough oomph (power :-) to bring your large pot of water to a rolling boil. Here is an example of one that should work: http://www.amazon.com/Waring-SB30-130...
These are refurbished and 50% off of retail. This one is 1300 watts ... I'd go no less than this and would purchase as high a wattage as possible, so that you aren't frustrated waiting an hour for your water to boil each time. You will use the same safety precautions with the portable electric burner as you would using an electric stove.
8) Do NOT make your oil when you're in a hurry or have distractions going on around you. Being in a hurry or having your attention distracted will create unexpected hazards.
9) No matter how many times you have to reheat your water pot before the solvent burns off, do NOT grow impatient with this water method. The entire process takes about an hour and really does go quickly. It's the safest method and keeping things 100% safe is worth the extra time - again, NEVER EVER set your solvent pan directly next to or onto the heating element of your stove!
10) After bringing your water pot to a full and rapid boil, check and double check that you've turned off the heating element BEFORE placing your solvent pan back on top of the water pot!
11) This information is provided for educational purposes only. Anyone that chooses to use this information assumes all liability and risk and holds harmless everyone involved with providing this educational video.
Please be advised that we can only make suggestions for our ideas of cancer care relief.mistybluecancercare.com is an information ONLY site, and does not give medical advice. We ONLY share information that we have discovered from our research or know from personal experience. No person should act, or fail to act, on the basis of the materials on this Site.
The content and opinion on this Site have been prepared for general information purposes only. They are not intended to be relied on as a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and are not prepared specifically for any particular patient or condition.
Information contained in the Content of this page or the rest of this site, must be discussed with your treating doctor, before making any decisions or taking any action based on the Content.
Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider within your respective country, with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on the Site.
MistyBlue Cancer Care Foundation, Limited DOES NOT endorse recreational Cannabis use. However, our researchers have a duty to perform by making ALL medically helpful information available, so patients can make more informed decisions about their OWN medical care.